Years of working in psychic healing groups and individually with patients telephoning to know what had happened to them, forged a desire to develop the sight to “see” into a body – a desire to see the person as a totality of physical, emotional and spiritual reality. Owen learned to “see” into a person and to know when and how an imbalance began and how it persists. Through many years of Past Life Therapy and work as a psychotherapist, he saw how the past often holds people bound to repeat the same patterns, as if they were programmed.
Watch an interview with Owen.
Many teachers inspired the work
- Dr. Ida Rolf inspired Owen to learn to see not only the contours of a body but to see through that body – to see the emotional story by reading the posture (the personality statement we make of ourselves) and the concurring structural realignments made in the field of gravity
- Dr. John Upledger taught him to listen and feel deep inside the body and the field surrounding that body
- Reverend Rosalind Brerrere showed him how to ethericly operate inside a body
- Dr. Jean Pierre Barral taught him to recognize that every organ had it’s own life force and rhythm
- Dr. James d’Adamo taught him that through the eyes we can understand the whole world of a persons’ habits and history and what that history has left in its wake of ill health or positive strengths.
Owen James began his formal training in Humanistic psychotherapies and related body therapies in 1970 at the Esalen Institute in Big Sur, California.
Prior to this he was awarded scholarships through University and Music Conservatory, completing his Bachelor of Music degree. He was an award winning professional musician and taught as a performance coach for 10 years.
Trained by Dr. Ida Rolf, the inventor of Rolfing (Structural Integration) from 1970 through 1974 and completing this study with advanced standing. In 1978, at the request of Dr. Rolf he created the New York School for Rolfing in New York City. Advanced Movement therapy certification was completed in 1975.
Training in Gestalt Therapy began by observing Dr. Frederick Perls’ sessions at Esalen Institute 1962 through 1965. Formal training began in 1971 through 1972 with Dr. Frank Rubenfeld in New York. 1972 through 1975 with Dr. Richard Abel at the Transactional Analysis Institute of New York and Connecticut-completion of 3 year certification program and all requirements for national certification. Advanced training in 1974 with the Western Institute for Group and Family Therapy, Dr. Robert Goulding, director.
Trained in psychic healing with the Foundation for Psychic Healing Research, Dr. Lawrence LeShan, 1973 through 1975. Workshops with Rev.Rosaland Brerere 1977 and 1996.
Massage certification 1969, in the State of California.
Luther Rice College of Natural Healing Sciences 1000 credit hours for certification 1975.
Certification and Accomplishments
- The College of Chinese Acupuncture(UK) 1971 and 1972 completion in elementary principles and practice of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture, Dr. J.R. Worsley, Director.
- Chinese Traditional Medicine Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Certification 1975. Dr. David Lam, Director
Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Diploma of Acupuncture, 1995. Advanced recognition.
- Registered member of the Ontario Association of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Advanced Certificate, The Upledger Institute in Cranial Sacral Therapy and Somato Emotional Release. 1983 through 1990. Past teaching staff member.
- Advanced training in Visceral Therapy Dr. Jean-Pierre Barral, 1985 through 1987.
- The New York School for Natur0pathic Medicine, Completion of Postgraduate Program, 1979.
- Introduction to Homeopathy from Dr. Ida Rolf 1970. Training sessions with George Vithoulkas, Asa Hershoff, Ivo Bionchi, and other Homeopathic professionals.
- Initial introduction to Auricular Therapy and Auricular Medicine in La Biole, France 1983.
- Auricular Medicine Certificate for Training Seminars 1, 2 &3, 1992 through 1993. Homeopathic Drainage Therapy seminars. Dr. Michael Adams.
- Lymph Drainage Level 1 & 2 Dr. Bruno Chikly, 1997 & 1998.
- Past Life training and certification, a 3 year course, Institute for Past Life Training Dr. Roger Woolger 1993.
- Shamanic Training, Peruvian Amazon Jungle, Master Shaman Don Agustin Revis Vasquez, 1994 through 1998
- Joseph Rael (Beautiful Painted Arrow) Indian Elder, New Mexico 1995 through 1998. Dance chief to run the Sun-Moon Dance and the Long Dance in Ontario, Canada. Created a new dance known as the Spring Renewal Dance.
- Envisioned and built the first Canadian World Peace Sound Chamber 1997.